Sustainable organic and low input dairy systems: Challenges and Solutions
This conference will focus on the challenges that face organic and low input dairy systems and how the EU-funded project Sustainable Organic and Low Input Dairying (SOLID) has worked for the last 5 years to develop solutions to improve the viability of such systems from an environmental, economic and social perspective.
Tuesday 22nd March 2016, 09.00 – 16.30
Welsh Higher Education Brussels, Wales House, 11 Rond-Point Schuman, Brussels.
This Conference will present the outputs from SOLID which has developed a range of novel methodologies to contribute to the competitiveness of organic and low input dairying systems whilst, at the same time, increasing the effectiveness of delivery of the multi- functional benefits that these systems offer.
Topics being presented include:
- Organic and low input dairy systems? The challenges.
- Organic and low input dairy breeds – fact or fiction?
- There is a feed for every need.
- The environmental footprint of organic and low-input dairying.
- Driving competitiveness in dairying.
- Policy recommendations as a results of SOLID
- Future directions for organic and low input dairying in Europe.
The conference will end with a round table discussion on future challenges in organic and low input dairying.
Attendance at the conference is free. You can register here.
The deadline for registration is 16th March 2016